New Family Entry Visa
Dear QL Friends
I am sharing this INFO so that QL Friends and Visitors are benefited.
Gone are the days when we use to apply for the Family Entry Visa at Ministry Of Labor with just an application form (typed in Arabic) a salary certificate from employer, Passport copy of sponsor and family members with sponsor's Education certificate.
There was no need of other formalities like attestation of certificates and we use to get the Family Entry Visa in a day or two... But now as you might be aware that Complete Process has been shifted from Ministry Of Labor to Ministry Of Interior (immigration department) and the process has become quite lengthy and tedious.
Get a New Family Entry Visa Form from MOI website (Typed in Arabic) : http://www.moi.gov.q...
Attach the following documents:
1. Salary Letter from Employer (Arabic - Typed and addressed to MOI-Immigration Dept) - Contact your PRO of Company.
2. Copy of Your passport and Work VISA Page
3. Copy of your Education Certificate (ATTESTED - See Below for attestation details)
4. Wife's Passport Copy
5. Marriage Certificate (ATTESTED - See Below for attestation details)
6. Child(s) Birth Certificate(s) (ATTESTED - See Below for attestation details)
REMEMBER - FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SEPERATELY ATTACHED.
Following attestations are required on the Originals
1. Notarization (NOTERY) from Magistrate or your home country
2. Ministry Of External affairs from your home country
3. Qatar Embassy - in your home country
4. At the end - Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)- in Qatar
FOR ABOVE 3 ATTESTATIONS YOU NEED TO SEND YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY FOR ATTESTATION. THERE ARE FEW AGENCIES WHO GET IT DONE FOR YOU BUT THEY CHARGE 500-600 QRS PER DOCUMENT AND TAKES 10-15 DAYS PERIOD FOR THIS PROCESS. ONCE YOU GET YOUR DOCUMENTS ATTESTED FROM YOUR HOME COUNTRY.
POINT 4. FOR ATTESTATION FROM MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS VISIT TO MOFA OFFICE AT C RING ROAD OFF GULF CINEMA IN EARLY MORNING 6AM - GET A QMATIC TOKEN NO AND THEN WAIT UNTILL THE OFFICE OPENS AT 7:30AM
WAIT FOR YOUR TURN AND GET THE ATTESTATION DONE BY PAYING 20QRS FOR EACH CERTIFICATE - NOTE THAT THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CASH SO PLZ TAKE WITH YOU DEBIT / CREDIT CARD FOR PAYMENT.
ONCE YOU ARE DONE WITH ALL THE 4 ATTESTATIONS NOW TAKE A PHOTOCOPY OF ORIGINALS FROM BOTH SIDES AND ATTACH IT TO YOUR VISA APPLICATION AS STATED EARLIER...
YOUR APPLICATION IS READY FOR SUMISSION.... VISIT TO IMMIGRATION DEPT IN MADINAT AL KHALIFA AREA BUILDING NO 4 - 1ST FLOOR AND AFTER UNDERGOING SCRUITINY OF THE DOCUMENT AT RECEPTION YOU WILL AGAIN GET THE QUEUE NUMBER FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION. ONCE YOUR TURN COMES GO AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION. DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE A RECEIPT OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION AS IT CONTAINS THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION NUMBER WHICH IS HELPFUL TO TRACK YOUR STATUS OF VISA APPLICATION THROUGH MOI WEBSITE : http://www.moi.gov.qa
NOT SURE – BUT SOMEBODY POSTED ON QATAR LIVING THAT QATAR RIYAL 10000/- IS REQUIRED AS NEW SALARY TO SPONSOR FAMILY (SOURCE: http://www.qatarlivi...)
HOPE THIS INFO IS USEFULL FOR YOU…
ALL THE VERY BEST
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?