THINKING OF MOVING TO QATAR FROM LONDON, UK
I am British and currently work in London, UK for a private equity US firm as an Accountant and looking move to Qatar or the UAE to gain international exposure.
I have a young family and don't want to make any rash decisions so would appreciate if you can give me an honest feedback on the following questions.
1. Is it best to secure a job before coming out to Qatar or can I just come out on a visit and apply while I am in Qatar? I have spoke to few agencies in Dubai and they all said employers are looking for people who are already based in the GCC region.
2. I have more than ten years of experience so what sort of salary and benefits should I be asking for ?
3. Which recruitment agencies in Qatar would you recommend for Accounting and Finance jobs?
4. From experience, do you prefer living in Qatar or the UAE.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?