Usual salary assessment and career options
I'm a single 28 yr old, been in doha for a year, in investment banking.
Moved from the UK.
Are there any bankers or people working at banks who would know benchmark salaries at some of the major banks.
I have about 4yrs top experience, and my all inclusive salary is about QAR 55k a month, so I have to pay for everything with this amount (including accommodation etc.). Bonuses are minimal here and no other perks.
Is this a reasonable amount, to be working in doha?? I could probably relocate to asia or the west, but would earn about 35k - 40k QAR after tax.
From my experience doha is quite expensive, food is very expensive compared to west, and vehicles are not as cheap as I thought. Rents are stupidly expensive as well, so even as a single person, I'm reassessing my options..
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?