Media and Communication
Al Jazeera (www.english.aljazeera.net / and Arabic www.aljazeera.net/Portal), Qatar’s Doha based television network is famously known for its fresh approach to news, media and content.
It has been overwhelmingly accepted and popular in the Middle East and Far East region and has expanded to several regions across the world.
Qatar is linked to its neighbours and other continents via Microwave relay troposphere scatter submarine cable and satellite.
The 3 main newspapers in Qatar are the Gulf times, Qatar Tribune and the Peninsula. Foreign newspapers are also available but arrive one day later.
Radio and Television
The English radio service (Qatar Radio) and French Radio service share a frequency that is 97.5.
An Arabic service is available on 100.8 offered by Sawt al Khaleej.
ICT Qatar Media
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?